We will be back for you in May!
From May 11th 2020 we open our test offers at CheckPoint Hannover again!
It is now possible to make an appointment again by phone: 0511/36 06 96–0
To ensure that our visitors and our employees are safe, the test evenings take place under the following hygiene measures:
- Everyone wears mouth-nose protection! Please bring your own mouthguard, otherwise we also have disposable mouthguards.
- Please wash your hands as soon as you enter the CheckPoint.
- Please do not enter the CheckPoint before your appointment. Otherwise we have to ask you to wait outside.
- The consultation takes place maintaining the necessary distance. The examination is carried out with gloves and mouth-nose protection.
- We ask people with cold symptoms such as cough, runny nose, fever etc. to postpone the test until they are healthy again for 14 days.
We´re looking forward to see you! Stay healthy!!
Your CheckPoint Hannover
Anonymous & confidential
HIV-risk assessment & HIV rapid test
... that one-night-stand without protection?
... that hot date where the condom broke?
... your new partner, with whom you would like to have sex without comdoms?
What’s your HIV status? When was your last test?
Nowadays an HIV infection is highly treatable if it is detected early. Therefore it is very important that you do an HIV test after a risky sexual activity, especially when you have multiple sexual partners.
HIV risk assessment & HIV rapid test
In a private talk, we offer an anonymous and confidential risk assessment for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. Afterwards the rapid test on HIV (and Syphilis) can give you a reliable answer on your HIV status in just a couple of minutes. For the HIV rapid test we need a single drop of blood from your finger. However, this test can only give a reliable result 12 weeks after your last risky activity.
Every first Monday and 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 6pm – 8pm
If you make an appointment in advance you are almost guaranteed a slot:
0511/19411 or 0511/360696–0 (Mon. 10am-12am, Tue. & Wed. 10am – 4pm, Thu.12am-4pm)
Cost for the HIV rapid test: 10,-€
Hannöversche AIDS-Hilfe e.V.
Lange Laube 14 (Entrance Stiftstraße, 2nd floor)
Metro station »Steintor« (Lines 4/5/6/10/11/17, Bus 100/200)
Counselling & appointments:
Phone: +49 511 19411
Monday 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thusdays 12 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Telefon: 0511 / 360 696 16
Dr. Norbert Schlote
Dr. Thomas Neiße (Stellvertretung)